For many businesses, the weather may heat up, but sales cool off in the summer. While summer may be a few months away, it’s never too early to start thinking about a summer marketing plan. Here are a few creative ways to stay on the minds of your customers this summer:
- Plan a customer appreciation lunch or ice cream social to stay in touch with customers and prospects during your slow season. Fire up the grill, set up some tents, and get ready to greet some new and familiar faces.
- Encourage customers to sign up to win something related to summer fun (ranging from something as simple as a large cooler filled with goodies for a picnic to something as extravagant as a boat or paid getaway to a fun summer destination).
- Offer value add-ons to summer purchases, such as “Receive XYZ free with a $40+ purchase!”
- Surprise loyal customers with a summer-related lumpy mailer campaign that includes a promotional gift such as a sleeve of branded golf balls, a reusable water bottle, a frisbee, sunscreen, lip balm, or a can coolie with a creative note.
- Plan a sidewalk sale to draw attention to your storefront and encourage people to check out your sales.
- Keep in touch with social media. Offer prizes and discounts for customers who provide input, participate in quizzes, or sign up for contests.
- Organize a community-driven goodwill event, such as hosting a toy drive, a blood drive, etc.
- Create a forum for customers to share their favorite summer recipes or grilling tips.
- Offer free lemonade and cookies daily during the month of July to those who visit your store.